Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Three table runners

I'm getting ready for a mini quilting class with my friends in So WI and they said they wanted to make a table runner and they wanted to work with triangles. (Last year we did squares and rectangles.)  I worked off a Thimbleberries design and came up with three different runners that we can work on.


The first one in a Flying Geese design. Very simple and should be fairly easy to do.
 Next I worked up an hourglass design. I like to cut my squares, mark one with a diagonal like, stitch 1/4" on either side of the line, and cut between the 2 lines of stitching.  Not so much danger of stretching the bias edge.

And the third one is a pinwheel design I made up using the triangles I cut off the Flying Geese.  I stitched 1/2" away from the FG line and cut between the 2 lines of stitching and had 2 extra HST from each goose. I set the pinwheels on point and added the setting triangles and added the border and it was done.

Now I have to make up a few sample blocks to demonstrate how to construct the blocks and I should be ready.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

January flew past me in a cold wind.  After New Year's I got into the Recall Gov Walker effort big time.  Half a dozen times I stood on various street corners with my sign and clipboard so people would know they could sign the petition. At the end, I received an email saying I'd been chosen to represent my county in Madison when the petitions were presented.  I was absolutely thrilled and the day in Madison was amazing!

  This is me getting my box of petitions to carry into the GAB to be registered.  We needed 540,000 plus signatures to force a recall and no one knew how many people had signed.  In the end, over a MILLION people had signed!  That's amazing!  The next step is to prepare for an election. If the people approve of our governor's actions, he'll be reelected; If the people don't approve, we'll have a new governor for the rest of the 4 year term. 

2011 has been an amazing year for me and my husband, politically speaking, and 2012 promises to hold more of the same!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted photo's of these table runners, they all look perfect.
    I have been looking for ideas for the same thing.
    Going to try one of these.
    Hugs
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great table runners! Very clever how you used the scraps from one to make another. I love the middle one. Sounds like you have been one busy lady. Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been following the Wisconsin recall story for some time. GOOD for YOU! I really like our current governor, but term limits are getting ready to deprive us of his services.

    I love those speed-piecing tricks, too. Our March speaker and teacher is Bonnie Hunter (quiltville.com) so I am cutting strips from my stash/scraps in preparation for an all-day class. I am starching the fabrics heavily to try and prevent the issues with bias edges...hope it helps me!

    ReplyDelete