Saturday, June 7, 2014

Making Progress

Things are moving right along in my life these days.  I've finished the quilting projects that were waiting for some attention and I've assembled some hand stitching and embroidery to work on this week.

There have been contributions to the Jolly Ruby Fund indiegogo campaign that I posted about earlier but here's a little recap.  Jolly Ruby is my way to make a difference in the lives of adults with disabilities who need a little temporary financial help.  Over the course of my career, I came across too many people who just need a hundred dollars or so to keep their lives on an even course, but there was no place to get that money. So I set up the Jolly Ruby Fund and decided to use money generated by sales from my Etsy shop to help these people.  While sales have been okay, there is a greater need than I expected so I began a 60 day fundraising campaign at Indiegogo.  You can check it out here to learn more about Jolly Ruby--and to make a contribution if you like.

Thirdly, progress has been made in social justice. Yesterday, a Federal judge declared that Wisconsin's ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional!  Already, I have friends who will be getting married on Monday morning after years of partnership. Good for them!

Fourthly, progress is made on our vacation at the lake. I leave in an hour and have to get packed up, so that's enough for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment