Monday, July 28, 2014

Ghost Plant, Indian Pipe, or Corpse Plant




Yesterday, Don and I took to our bikes with Lily and we ended at a nature trail near the house. Lily's been on the trail numerous times but we'd never taken the time to go there. Lily brought with her the fungi identification booklet I'd got for her when we were in N MN last month.  I was amazed at all the mushrooms she spotted!  She has got eagle eyes, I swear!  We must have spotted a dozen or so different kinds and most of them we could identify from the booklet. I think we should find a fungi expert to teach us more about these crazy things.

One thing I spotted was this:


I've never seen anything like it before so Lily looked it up when we returned home and found it's not a flower or a fungi but a little of both.  I copied the pix from Wikipedia, I think--didn't take it myself. Here's a link if you want to learn more about this mysterious plant. Indian Pipe

Today, I finished the pj's I was making for Lily and I expect she'll wear them tonight.  I don't really like garment sewing these days. It's been years since I've really done much of it other than a sundress or nightgown for Lily these past few years, but I did my best and she's pleased with them.

Tomorrow, I'll be back working on my quilts. I have several quilt tops started (would they be considered WIPs?) and several finished tops that need to be quilted (I think they would be called UFOs) and of course, a list longer than my arm of things I want to make.  Oh, Lord! Save me from my quilting addiction!

1 comment:

  1. These look kinda spooky :) like they would glow in the dark. I want to see a pic of those PJ's and as for the quilt tops I think it is all Good. thanks for your welcome back on my blog, it made me smile.
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete