Thursday, March 7, 2019

I hate to brag but . . .



Yesterday, I completed the quilting on Dan's quilt which I discussed in this post if you care to take a look.  I trimmed it up and sewed the binding on--it's the same wine red used in the quilt--and will begin hand-stitching it down either tonight or tomorrow. Here are a couple of shots of the quilting.





It came out larger than I had expected--it covers the top of the queen size bed but no drop over the sides. Dan can use it as a throw on a chilly evening or he can use it on his bed--whatever he decides.  We had planned on going to Madison this weekend but now the weather person is predicting significant snow and rain state-wide on both Saturday and Sunday. Don't know about you but I'm getting just a leeetle bit tired of all this winter crap!  Oh well, we can go another weekend--no special hurry.

Next up are another throw quilt and a queen bed quilt. This is the diagram from Bonnie K Hunter's site of the free pattern she calls Fourth of July. I had the urge to make up a Veteran's Quilt last summer and used this pattern.  In January I added the border and bought fabric for the backing so I want to get it ready for pinning tomorrow.  This one is due by May 1 so I thought I'd do a simple meandering design over all of it and call it good.


The other one I want to get quilted is Alliatare, another Bonnie Hunter quilt. This was a mystery a couple of years ago and I have it finished except for marking the scallops on the border. I want to do this before I pin it so I don't have to wrestle with the heavy quilt later on.  I've never done a scalloped border but have wanted to for a long time. This picture isn't my quilt, I borrowed it from Melissa at http://melissadevin.blogspot.com/2016/01/allietare-mystery-top-complete.html.  I used the same colors in mine and it looks very similar to Melissa's.

Image result for allietare quilt

This morning, Don and I decided that it was time to move all the furniture in the TV room and give it a good cleaning so with both of us working on it, we got that chore finished in less than an hour. Laundry's going so I have the rest of the day for sewing. 

 Except I have to take the Mabel quilt to the theater. I brought it to them yesterday and when we talked over how they would display it to sell raffle tickets, I realized that I should put a hanging sleeve on it, so I got that done last night. I also realized that I should have used my lint roller before I took it to them, so I'll be sure to do that as well. Otherwise, nothing but sewing.  Backs for the 2 quilts pictured above.

I'm so absolutely happy that I have 4 quilts finished already this year!  In case you're not aware of it, some of my quilt tops have been in my closet for 15 years or so and I don't know why I'm putting off getting them finished and on a bed.  Sheesh!  I'm such a procrastinator!






No comments:

Post a Comment