Sunday, January 14, 2024

 Well. I've been asked by a reader to resume blogging. She says she misses me! How to start again after nearly 5 year's absence?  How to bring you all up to date? I won't. I'll simply start with now. But first I want to say I've missed reading all the blogs I used to follow. Reading about the happenings at Barbara's Cat Ranch, learning about the Confessions of a Fabric Addict, following the adventures of That Man Quilts, and more--I really missed all of you, but life intruded.

I kept a record of what I accomplished in the sewing room last year. 2023 was the year that I REALLY concentrated on finishing my UFOs! I'd tried this before but I would get sidetracked with starting new projects and not finishing the old. But 2023 was a banner year! I finished 14 bed or throw sized quilt tops--here are two of them:




This is a quilt that's being raffled off at the local museum


a Halloween wall hanging and a table runner:




 and made a couple of fidget quilts,. I also made 3 pillowcases, 5 placemats 9 potholders. I was really pleased with my progress to date. Most of what I finished I gave away--either to family or to the local foster child program. I made up a list of the things I want to accomplish if 2024 already to work on so fingers crossed I'll be as productive as in 2023.

The reason I worked so hard on finishing the UFOs is because I moved my sewing room from downstairs to upstairs. As I was putting things away in the new sewing room, I realized that I didn't have nearly as much room as I had in the downstairs room. What to do?  I decided that I'll just have to sew my way out of the dilemma!  And use up my stash of fabric while I was at it!  

That's as up to date as I can get right now. We made it through the pandemic and continue on with our quilting as best we can. I guess that's good enough. It feels pretty good to be back!

 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Lovely to see that even though you lost your blogging mojo you kept up with your quilting. Your quilts are lovely and Im sure the recipients are thrilled. How exciting to be able to move your sewing room to the upper level. I miss my summer studio at the beach. All the natural light was so wonderful. When we moved my plan was to take an upstairs room for sewing, but with having my brother regularly to visit, he was not able to “do” stairs and I need a bedroom on the main level for him. No complaints though. It has nice bright paint and lots of cabinets. I would miss it if I moved now. Besides I am in the same predicament you were in and I would really have to do a lot of quilting to sew myself into a smaller room. Enjoy your new space.

    ReplyDelete