Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ah, summer vacations

I've been at the lake in N MN for the past week, having a wonderful, relaxing time with the family. (For once, the "kids"--they're both in their 30's-- didn't get into a big fight. Yea!)  Now that we're home, the weeds in the garden are overwhelming!

Before we left, I finished a little table quilt, shown here.  I designed it myself and I think it looks pretty nice.





I listed it in my Etsy store (Jolly Ruby) tonight and I hope someone loves it as much as I do.

Speaking of Etsy, I made my first sale before we left and I was thrilled!  All proceeds go to the Jolly Ruby Fund, to assist low income disabled adults with unexpected expenses.

I also attended the school auction fundraiser where my queen sized quilt was auctioned off. I know that once an item is donated,the giver has no control over what happens, but I was seriously disappointed.  The auctioneer forgot to put it up for bid until he was reminded at the end of the evening.  Half the people had left and the rest had already spent a lot of money, so my quilt went for only $275.  I know it's for a good cause, but my heart just broke when I thought of the 60 some hours of work I put into this quilt.  Next year, I'll make something less intensive.  All in all, the auction brought in about $30,000, all of which goes to the school, and I'm very happy about that.

Now to get on to weeding and hopefully, some quilting as well.  Ah, summer!  Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time at the lake. The table quilt is pretty. Someone at the auction got a steal on that queen sized beauty you donated. Now that part about pulling weeds - that doesn't sound like fun to me :) Bernie

    ReplyDelete