Monday, October 12, 2015

The Santas have been saved!


Indeed, the bleeding has stopped!  Thanks to two cold water soaks in Oxiclean for many hours each, the bleeding seems to have stopped. And better yet, the red bleeding has virtually disappeared from the muslin! In the picture above there seems to be some reddish tint in some places, but that doesn't show up when I look at it here in my house.  I'm so happy that the Oxiclean did the job and my embroidery work has been salvaged!  Now I can move on to adding the borders and finishing up this table runner in time to get it in the shop before the holidays begin! Whew!  Disaster averted!


I've finished quilting up the Halloween banner and sewn on the binding, Now I need to get the hanging sleeve on it so I can take some photos of it and get it in the shop.  I'm happy with how it turned out and hope that it sells so it can brighten up someone's home for this holiday.

What's next for me?  Well, Lily is waiting for me to sew her a skirt and mail it to her so I think I'll do that this afternoon and include it in the package that I mean to send her and her mother on Wednesday.  I also want to get this table runner finished and in the shop as soon as I can so I'll get that quilted up today or tomorrow. Just straight line stitching in the center blocks and something more elaborate in the borders. Should go pretty quickly--Famous Last Words!


I also have to continue working on what I'm going to take with to quilt retreat which begins on the 15th and ends on the 18th. That's 4 days of sewing bliss!  I'm so ready to go and have fun with all the wonderful ladies of the guild!  I've never been on a 4 day retreat before--only 2 and 3 day ones--so I'm a little apprehensive that I'll have enough to keep me busy.  I want to take along 6 projects as well as some knitting and my Kindle so I can read or knit if I want.

I'm taking along a double nine patch quilt that I've worked on sporadically over at least the past 3 years. The Farmhouse Window Sills project is coming with as well.


I'm taking everything to make up a Christmas table runner that I've had on my mind for a year or more now, and I'm taking along all my Row by Row patterns and kits that I collected over the summer.  I may bring along some of my huge scrap collection and play with crumbs if I like and I'll bring along the houses and hourglass blocks I made last week and turn them into a finished top.  And I may find one or two other projects to bring along as well. We'll see.

If that's not enough to keep me busy, I'll just have to sit back with a glass of chilled wine and enjoy the hot tub, I guess.  Ain't life tough?  But, now I have to get the sleeve on the Halloween banner!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to salvage your embroidery piece. Looks like you'll have lots of fun things to work on this weekend. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete