Thursday, June 9, 2016

No time for pics!

I'm quilting like a dog!  Although that makes absolutely no sense at all!  Well, I mean that I'm doing the quilting on the king sized quilt and am making amazing progress.  There are 36 blocks and in 2 days, I managed to get 26 of them quilted up--only 10 to go!  I'm using a simple free hand design that, after the first 10 or so blocks, became very easy and fast. The plan is to finish the remaining blocks today and get a good start on the sashings. In them, I plan on a free hand leaf and vine with a floral design in the corner posts. With luck I'll get that finished today as well. Then only the ever-difficult-to-figure-out-what-to-do-with border.  Sigh!  I'd purchased a Craftsy class on quilting borders but have yet to take a look at it, and now's not the time.  Well, I'm sure something will come to me.

Tomorrow morning, I'm off on a 2 day shop hop!  Three friends and I are participating in one section of the WI shop hop and I'm sure we'll all win one of the great prizes they're offering this year. Oh yeah, we'll get some great fabrics as well. :)

Time to get going on the last 10 blocks.  Yee Haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment