Thursday, May 27, 2010

I made great progress on the quilting last night. I have at least half of the 31 blocks of fancy fmq finished and will likely get most of the rest done tonight. I may even take time to snap a pic of it to post. ;)

Tomorrow night we have the last graduation that I'm required to attend as the administrator's wife. Even when I don't know any of the kids on the stage, I always get teary at these things. Such a sentimental slob!

As a followup on birds, my husband said a hummingbird somehow got in the school yesterday and poor thing got it's beak caught between the metal frame and the tile in the ceiling. The principal was able to gently hold it and get it unstuck and then released it outdoors. Hooray for Mr. Broeren! I hope the kids were able to see him do his rescue--a good experience for them. At my house, I put out some oranges and jelly last night in the back yard and later, I saw an oriole--in the front yard! I hope it can navigate around the house to find the food!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can post a picture of the quilting soon. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I know what you mean about being teary-eyed at graduation. Mon. night I presented a scholorship at Honors Convocation at the Christian High school my kids graduated from. It was in the name of my dear friend who died suddenly 6 years ago. I don't know most of the kids anymore, but I'm just so proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barb, so nice to catch up with you! I get teary eyed at my son and daughter's 2nd and 4th grade programs. I can't believe they are growing up so fast! I can't wait to see your quilt. Best, Lisa

    ReplyDelete