Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm on board the blogger.com train!

myquiltblog.com is closing down in a few weeks, and I'm very sad about that, but it seems as though most of us are moving to blogger.com. I set up a blog here last summer but had such difficulty using it that I gave up and stuck with mqb instead. Now I guess I have no choice but to come here. I'm happy, as well, since I hope to connect with some of the old friends from mqb who moved last year--Erin, Smantha, Lane, Cheryl (of course), Molly and so many more. The problem I have is, I can't figure out how to add them as friends so I have to search far and wide each time to find their blogs. Maybe someone (Cheryl?) will help me with this. I also couldn't figure out how to add pix to the blog and it's so boring to not post pix--and how else does a person show off without the pix????

Anyway, I'm going to give this a good try and with the help of others, I may be able to make it work.

BTW, disregard the most recent entry on this blog. It's something I received from my daughter and posted on her blog, not knowing that it was on mine as well.

Barb (thanxsandy)

3 comments:

  1. It isn't too very hard. If you want to keep track of the others just click on their "follow" thing and it will add it to your list of blogs and you can click on that when you first sign on to the "dashboard". When you want to add a picture to your post there is a little picture of a mountain at the top of the post bar where the font and the spell check is, just click on it and you will figure it out quickly. Sorry to hear about MQB closing down. I never did go back after the last time. Glad to see your going to be blogging here. It is nice you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember it is not a race, learn the parts that help you do what you want for your blog. For the first couple of weeks as you 'find' friends to follow, you might want to add in their comment section that you are moving over from MQB and they can find you at your new addy.
    When I have time to kill, I will sometimes get lost reading other posts from Friends of friends. There are a lot of quilters 'out' there to get inspiration from. enjoy- cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your home screen, select 'edit' post, from there you can edit your posts or set them to Draft. I wouldn't go so far as to Delete them b/c you may want to re-read them sometime.
    I sometimes set my more personal ones to draft after a short time just b/c I dont want the material to be 'out there' hope this helps- cw

    ReplyDelete