Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Pix

The weather was nothing short of glorious this past weekend at my house. Sunny, warm and perfect for being outdoors. Lily spent Saturday night with us and she said she would like to go on a leaf hike on Sunday. So we did. We spent an hour or more prowling along the trails in the hills behind the house, gathering leaves so she can make a leaf collection. Of course, I forgot the camera but I returned later in the day to take some pix of the views from the high points on the ridge. A few clouds had begun to gather by then so these pix aren't as brilliant as in the morning, but I still want to share with you.



Most of the red maple leaves have dropped and a lot of the birch as well. What we have now are the dark red-brown oak leaves and the remaining golden birch.
The best thing about the hike--other than spending time with Lily--was how well my knee held up! I've not been able to go hiking for nearly a year, and I am so grateful to be able to be out there again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad your knee is doing so much better! It was worth the pain to have it done, wasn't it. The pics are really pretty. We have brilliant color here this year, too. They're just starting to drop leaves. I just got off the phone with my uncle in Wausau who turns 91 tomorrow. He said they have had such nice weather, too.

    ReplyDelete