Saturday, September 17, 2011

Another raffle quilt

I've been working on another quilt to donate for a fundraiser. This time, it's for the volunteer services organization in the county where I work. I'm friends with the director who took over the job only a few months ago. One of the first things she realized was how impoverished the group was so we started brainstorming ways to raise money. We decided on holding a raffle and, of course, I donated the quilt shown below.

I used Kate Spain's "Flurry" pattern which is on line here:

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/ItemFiles/PDF/MPS27080.pdf but I made it with Christmas fabrics I had left over from other projects. I like the way it turned out and the piecing was super easy. I quilted it with a holly/berry circular design in each of the presents, a triangular Christmas tree design in the sashing and long, curvy lines in the outer border. The raffle drawing will be on the 15th of December so I thought this was an appropriate quilt.

We want to have other things on the raffle like dinner theater tickets, a bus trip to somewhere, basket of locally grown and produced foods like maple syrup and pumpkinseed oil and so forth. I'm working on getting an "indoor/outdoor golf package." I want to get gift certificates for free golfing at half a dozen golf courses in the area including indoor golfing for this winter and, if I'm lucky, a certificate from a sporting goods store so the winner can get new shoes or a new golf club or something.

I'm excited to see what we end up on this raffle, and how much we get from ticket sales. Tickets go on sale on Oct 15, 2011 so if you want to get in on the action, let me know. :) (Only half kidding about this.)

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from debbie's blog (I think). I'm from Wisconsin, too! How fun :). I love your quilt for the raffle. I hope it's a big success.

    ReplyDelete