Friday, September 23, 2011

Appearing Disappearing 4-Patch

I've been working on Lily's new quilt--putting the blocks into rows and making the center. I have 2 more rows to go and the center will be finished. This is what I've got so far:

It looks quite busy to me and I have no more of the flowered white fabric to use for a border. I picked up some white on white fabric today and will use that for the border. I plan to applique some flowers on the border using the colored fabrics and will use the blue fabric for the binding.
I really like working on this quilt, but it's quite time consuming. Each block had to be sewn and cut twice--takes time!--and stitching the blocks and rows together requires lots of pinning to get the seams to match up properly--takes more time! But it's such a colorful quilt that I'm feeling good about taking all that time to do it right. And why make a quilt if you don't take the time to do it right, right?
Tomorrow I'll draw the name of the lucky winner of the Traveling Stash. I can't wait to find out who gets it next! Others on this blogging site who have giveaways use what sounds like complicated electronic name drawing programs but not me! I'm low tech most of the time and I'll just draw a name out of a hat. Trust me, I'll have on a blindfold so I can't cheat. LOL
You have until tomorrow at 8 PM Central Daylight Time to leave a comment on my blog to be entered in the drawing. I hope you win!

2 comments:

  1. I love the way this quilt is turning out! I'm trying to finish up kaleidoscope blocks, then I want to give this a shot. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this quilt is happy :) It reminds me of birthday balloons for some reason. I think Lilly is going to love it. If I can get past my "bag lady" phase I have two (in progress) quilts that need my attention. Bernie

    ReplyDelete