Sunday, September 11, 2011

Too heart-breaking for words

I'm in my living room this morning, having my second cup of coffee. Don has left for his daily golf game and I'm thinking of how I'll be spending the day. Sipping at my coffee and gazing out the front window at the beautiful September day outside--sapphire blue sky, gentle sunshine with a promise of heat later on, trees barely beginning their Autumnal color changes-and I suddenly remember a day so identical to this. Ten years ago, that day changed as I watched the planes smash into the towers in New York and later, into the Pentagon and into the ground in Pennsylvania.

My world was changed that day but not so severely as it was for the families of those killed in the attacks and the families of all those killed in the subsequent wars. There are no words to express the heartbreak I feel on this beautiful September day. Perhaps the tears flowing from my eyes as I write this, say it for me.



This is a Yahoo! picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment