Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fishy, fishy quilt

It's been raining here like crazy. On Thursday, we drove to Pensacola FL to pick up Don's golfing friend, Steve, at the airport and overnight, it began raining and it hasn't stopped since.  They are so disappointed with this weather, but there's not a thing that can be done about it. I'm glad I'm a quilter and can work on my projects no matter what the weather is. 

I brought along a quilt sandwich in hopes that I'd be able to get the quilting done while I was here and the other afternoon, I did!  Even without my quilting gloves which I've never done before.  It was a little tricky and my hands were sore but I got it done. 

This is a piece I made as a gift for Don's cousin, Wayne, who has been such a good friend to both of us. Don's closer to this cousin than he is to his own brothers and I've been wanting to make a quilt for him for a long time. It's appropriate that I worked on a "fishy" quilt in this monsoon-like rain that we've been having! I bought this in kit form about 2 years ago, made up the top last year and made the quilt sandwich just before we left Wisconsin.  I sewed on the binding and will hand sew it on the drive home next week.


Wayne loves to fish and I thought this would be perfect for him either at his house in central IL or at the family cabin in N WI. 


Here's a close up of the simple quilting design I used in the quilt. I love the border fabric of various fishing lures, and Wayne will like it as well, I'm sure.

What kind of quilting do you do on a rainy/snowy day?




1 comment:

  1. I love your Fishy fishy quilt. Where did you get the fabrics?

    ReplyDelete