Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Go Canada!

I just finished watching the Olympic women's hockey game between the US and Canada and it was another astounding game by the ladies in red.  Not only did they win the game with a score of 3-2 but their level of play is amazing. I only watched the last quarter of the game and thre was no doubt that Canada was running the game. Even though I'm an American, I have to hope that the Canadian ladies take home the gold--they are just that good!

I know that I'm probably an oddity , being a woman who just loves hockey, but I come by it honestly.  I was  hockey cheerleader in high school (yes, we cheered on the ice on skates and even did jumps) and I went to a college in northern MN which had national champion hockey teams while I was there. My husband attended another prominent hockey university and we went to nearly all the games during those years.  And I've never lost my love of the game.

But the reason I only watched part of the game is because I was working on my Talkin' Turkey quilt.  I've made nearly all the components of the 12" blocks and late yesterday, I put the first one together.  As usual, with a Bonnie Hunter design, everything fit beautifully.  I really wish I could post a picture of it but trust me when I say it's very pleasing to the eye. I've made nearly all of the 450+ flying geese units and I want to thank the person who figured out how to make them the "no waste" way.  I can't put in a link to the direcions since I'm on my Kindle but I'm sure you'll find the directions if you google no waste flyng geese.  Not only do you not have any bits to cut off and throw away, they take very little time to make. And nearly every one came out perfect! Gotta love it!

Well, I have 29 more blocks to assemble so I'll get back to work.  Go Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment