Monday, October 16, 2017

Almost a finish!

Yesterday was cool and rainy as it's been for the past week or so. No outdoor work was done and I spent the day in the sewing room, after getting a batch of chicken-wild rice soup in the crock pot. 

I immediately began the quilting on the Quilt of Valor that I'm working on and was able to finish all the wavy line quilting in the blocks as well as in the borders.  I found a spot where the blue top threads were caught up on the back and make a nasty little web that really shows against the white backing fabric. That'll have to be fixed today or tomorrow. I also have yet to figure out how to quilt the star points on the two large stars in the quilt. Either tonight or tomorrow, I'll get that taken care of.

I did nothing with the On Vacation table runner/wall hanging that I fused the other day. I think that's going to have to wait until I recover enough to go down the stairs again.  Not a problem.

The other thing I did was prepare the fabric that I'm going to embroider for the Clover and Violet stitchery  I plan to work on while I'm recovering with my leg elevated.  The embroideries are done on 4 1/2" squares and instead of cutting 12 small squares, I marked them on a large piece of fabric. I'll embroider them while they're in one piece and then cut them down when they've been stitched.  Easier to handle a large piece than many smaller ones, and less fraying edges than on 12 small squares.  Tomorrow, I'll be tracing the designs on the new light box that I bought a few weeks ago. No more taping to the window and contorting myself to get the tracing done. 

Every blog post must have a photo included so here's one for today. Will this be true as I come out of the anesthesia on Wednesday?

Image result for funny quilting memes

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck on your surgery! I hope it all goes well and that the recovery is swift! Lane

    ReplyDelete