Friday, October 13, 2017

Finished camper bag!

I love to write a bog post where I can brag share about a finish!  And today, I certainly can do that.  Not yesterday but the day before, I completed the little camper bag I'm making for my friend.  Here's the end result:

Front.  They don't show up very well in the photo but I added a shiny button to each hubcap.  A little glitz is always welcome, don't you think?


Back


End piece with gnomes



End piece with flowers and bee buttons. I found a scrap of fabric with these elaborate clusters of flowers and decided one of them would be perfect for the end of the bag.  I used a technique called Broderie Perse or Persian embroidery, and used fusible web and a small black buttonhole stitch to secure it to the bag.  


Appliqued cat studying the bee button. More broderie perse.


So I'm nearly finished with the things I'm making for Elaine in exchange for her making some window treatments for me.  To refresh your memory, I made these 3 sets of potholders, 


and two cat fabric bowls for use in the microwave.


As soon as I can get back to the sewing room, I'll be making this table runner/wall hanging for her camper and then we can get together and complete the exchange.

Image result for on vacation quilted table runner

What's on the agenda for today?  Well, after I've finished this post, I'll be making a batch of cookie dough, Cranberry Orange Pecan Shortbread Cookies seen here:

Cranberry Orange and Pecan Shortbread cookies. These easy, slice and bake cookies are flavored with orange zest, vanilla, cranberries and pecans. They are the perfect holiday cookies to give away or keep for yourself!

The photo is from the blog where I found the recipe, not a picture of cookies that I made since I've never tried this recipe before.  But it sounds pretty good and will work for the guild Guest Night that's coming up in November.  I'll make up the dough today, maybe bake a couple of the cookies, and freeze the rest of the dough to bake up on the day of the event.  This way, I won't have to stand on my new knee too long when the time comes to make the cookies.

After that, I'll be in the sewing room the rest of the day, working on the Quilts of Valor that need to be quilted up.  I was able to get 2 more of them pinned yesterday and would have pinned the last one except that I ran out of pins. When I got home, I was able to quilt over half of one of them and will finish that today and begin on the other pinned quilt.  The first 2 quilts are with the binder and she'll pick up these two when I let her know they're ready for her. The fifth and final one will have to wait until I've recovered enough to pin it and take the stairs down to the sewing room. My goal is to get it finished before Thanksgiving and then I'll be able to move on to working on a new project.

Another busy day facing me--would I have it any other way!--and I've got to get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment