Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Happy New Year--again!

I have to do some banking today and will be writing checks with 2019 as the new date.  Can I do it without making that common mistake?  Probably not, but who cares?

Yesterday was a very lazy day. I think I'm just worn out from all the activity--mental, that is--going on around here. None of us is sleeping very well--I think we're all anxious about Dan having to pack up and move in less than 2 weeks, and not having a place yet to move too.  He's doing all he can to find an apartment, and we have a room at Elaine's if need be, but it'll be good when he's packed up, flown into Minneapolis and has an apartment lined up in Madison. 

So yesterday, I made brunch for the four of us and Johanna left shortly after that.  It was a really nice visit with both Dan and Jo home for a couple of days, and Dan will be flying out tomorrow morning, so then Don and I can take Christmas down and settle into a winter routine.  

I did absolutely nothing yesterday, in the sewing world. Didn't even go near the sewing room.  That will change after I'm finished with this post--I want to finish up the Meals on Wheels placemats and begin quilting up the Music Quilt that I made for Don.  It's a rather large wall quilt that he wants to hang with his specialty guitars and he's been so patient.  I've procrastinated with the actual quilting but I want to get it done so I can cross a finish off my list for 2019.  

Tonight I'm making a roast beef dinner for Dan's last home cooked meal, and tomorrow morning we take him to the airport so he can begin the Big Move!

Oh yes, the obligatory graphic image.  Hmmm. What should it be?  Maxine, of course!

Image result for cold winter day cartoons


No comments:

Post a Comment