Thursday, January 17, 2019

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

Well, I arrived back home from my trip to Maine and altho I had a great visit with my daughter, granddaughter, and future son-in-law, I was so happy to get back to my own house. Below is a photo of the view from the dining room of the inn we stayed at in the White Mountains of New Hampshire for the weekend.  Absolutely beautiful!  And on this day, it was sunny but cold and it looked wonderful.  At some parts of the drive, the trees were so covered with snow that I remarked that it seemed as tho we were driving through a snow globe but without the snow falling, thank goodness.


I had no problem getting through security either in Minneapolis on my way out or in Boston on my way back, despite the government shut down and subsequent "blue flu."  I have nothing but admiration for those TSA workers and all the others who are continuing to work knowing that they may never get paid.  I sincerely hope Congress and the President get this resolved really soon.  It's been going on long enough!  I'll get off my soapbox now.  Thanks for listening to my little rant.

The day after I arrived back here in Menomonie, Don and I picked up our son, Dan, and his kitten at the Minneapolis airport and he's spending a few days with us before he moves south to Madison to begin his new life back here in Wisconsin.  I'm so happy he's back in the Midwest.  Every once in a while, I think of it, and get a huge grin on my face.  Dan spent not quite 2 years in the Pacific Northwest, not really being happy at all. I won't go into the reasons why he moved there in the first place, but he's been trying to return to the Midwest almost to the day he moved out there. So, for him to land a good job in Madison and to manage all  the logistics of packing up and moving in a 3 week period is quite an accomplishment.

Dan will be leaving tomorrow sometime, and then I can get back to my sewing room.  While I was in Maine, I managed to figure out the measurements of all the blocks I need to make for my Mabel Tainter quilt and I'm ready to begin cutting and sewing them together to see if I made an mistakes in my calculations.  I want to make this quilt top while I'm at retreat next week.  

That's all I have for today.  Got to do a little laundry as well as restock the pantry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment