Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter is a new beginning!

It's Easter Sunday and we've had the Easter lunch (which included a few jelly beans!) with Lily and Tessa and now they've gone home and I have a quiet house again.(DH's glued to the Master's Tournament!)

I've been debating opening an Etsy store for some time and I sat down this afternoon and did it!  I realized a few years ago that there are only so many quilts my family and friends can absorb from my hands, and there are so many more quilts that I want to make. What to do?  What to do?  Why, make them up and sell them--I hope! Here's the link to my store--"Jolly Ruby"--if you want to take a look.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/JollyRuby?ref=shop_sugg_2

I've spent the last 25 years or so providing service to disabled adults and, frankly, felt quite guilty about retiring last April and not continuing my work.  Then it dawned on me that I could continue to provide service to that community through my quilting.  Any profit I make will go to a special account to be used by disabled people in my county who need things they simply cannot afford--an air conditioner for the person with emphysema; car repairs; a new vacuum cleaner or lawn mower, etc.  These things are often beyond the stretch of a disabled person's budget and are the things that can determine quality of life for him or her.

Please share my store with others. I want to grow the fund and I want to shrink my stash!  At any rate, I've listed my first item: this Friendship Star table runner.



And here's the back:
I made this runner and at the same time, I cut fabrics for a kit.  I'm involved in a silent auction fundraiser for our volunteer services organization and I got some very generous donations from the 2 local quilt shops so I'm adding some things from my stash as well as this table runner kit and we're calling it "The Quilters' Bundle."  The auction's on Thursday. I hope it brings in some $$$ for a good cause!







1 comment:

  1. a great little table piece~! and an even better cause~!!~ how loving and generous of you to consider the needs of the disabled and act to make their lives better~!
    bless you.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete