Sunday, October 7, 2012

Recent quilts

I've been busy making quilted things for the table. I have a sale coming up in mid-November and another sale in Mid December, so I'm trying to build up a stock of runners and place mats.  I just posted a couple of new items in my Etsy store, Jolly Ruby, which you can find here:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/JollyRuby?ref=shop_name_search_sugg  Here are some pix of the new items:


 A golden floral table runner--I love using yellow in my quilts!


A closeup of the flying geese units. . .



And of the straight line quilting on the point.


This is a set of place mats that I made to coordinate with the Autumn Leaves table runner I made earlier.

And another close up of the quilting.  I varied the placement of the colored bars in the center of each mat and did ditch stitching along the edges of the bars and a meander in the side panels of leaf fabric.

On Thursday I'm going to a 3 day quilting retreat and will be working on a couple more autumn themed table runners and a bunch of Christmas themed runners and place mats.  I also want to make a couple of Christmas tree skirts at the retreat.

 
I made this really nice skirt for my tree a few years ago and I'll be darned ( PC terminology) if I can find it anywhere!  I've looked for several years now and I think I must have included it in a box of decorations I gave to Goodwill a couple of years ago.  Well, I'll make an even better one this year, and Tessa wants me to make one for her as well. She's been asking for several years now and I only remember it when we're decorating the tree and it's too late then.  And I may make one to list at Jolly Ruby as well--we'll see how bored I get. I can't wait to get on the road with all my quilting supplies packed in the car and spend time quilting with wonderful ladies from the guild!  With luck, I'll have finished things to show when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment