Thursday, September 19, 2013

I'm at the lake

I drove to Bemidji, MN today for my 5 day getaway in the woods and this is the cute little cabin that was waiting for me at the end of the journey.  


This cabin is so little and cute!  It's perfect for me by myself.  If Don had come with, I think there would be trouble!

I knew I was in in Paul Bunyan country when I opened the door and the first thing I saw was this gigantic log rocking chair! It's absolutely huge and takes up about a third of the room's space.  It's so big that I can sit in it with lots of room to spare. (If you ever saw my rear end, you'd appreciate how big the chair is!  :)



I have this little smoking screen porch which overlooks the lake,


and the next picture is what I see from this porch.


It's so beautiful up here in the Northland, this picture doesn't do it justice.  The leaves on the trees are just beginning to change color and those glimpses of red and yellow among the summer green is so pretty. Can you tell that Autumn is my favorite season?


And this is another view of my "back yard."  It was late when I arrived and after I unpacked the car and got some groceries in town, it was too dark to do any exploring. That will wait until tomorrow.

I have all my quilting things with me and they too, will wait until tomorrow. I picked up a copy of "Winter of the World" from my library and I'll be buried in my book for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment