Wednesday, April 22, 2015

More progress

I'm still working on rehabbing my knee--I had a total knee replacement 2 weeks ago, as you may recall. Things are looking pretty good, if I say so myself.  I'm completely off those horrible (but lovely) pain medications!  I understand how some can get addicted to them--I now realize that I'd been flying pretty high around here while I took them!  Now it's just Tylenol and sometimes I forget to take even that, I have so little pain now.  I use a crutch when I go out of the house but inside I'm walking around independently.  I have flexion of the knee to 109 degrees and the goal is to get to 120-125 degrees. My goal is to get there within the next two weeks.  More hard work and more pain when I do the exercises, I guess, but it has to be done.

I'm spending a lot of time in the recliner with my leg elevated.  Have nearly completed the embroidery on the first of the 4 blocks on my embroidered quilt project.  Here's how it looks this morning:

On this project, I'm using a back stitch since that's what was shown in the pattern. I usually do this kind of outline embroidery in a stem stitch and I wasn't sure how the back stitch would work out, but I'm really liking it!  I can make much better curves than with the stem stitch and I like the looks of the whole thing much better. I have a little bit of embroidery to do on the glass jar and then this block will be finished.  I think I'll take a little break before I begin the second block to give my fingers a rest. 

Other than stitchery, I've occupied my time with a little reading. Just finished "Gone Girl" and O! M! G!  What a story!  I didn't see the movie and after reading the book, I don't think I want to see it.  I loved all the twists and turns of the story line but I think I was hoping for a more positive ending. But life doesn't always give you a positive ending, now does it?  Sometimes we have to settle for just what seems to be the best.  If you haven't read this book, I recommend it.  

I've also been watching Netflix quite a bit.  Finished the Midsomer Murders series (that I started over a year ago!), all 80+ episodes!  The other day, I watched the first of the Hinterland series, mystery-- detective series set in Wales.  What a dark and gloomy impression this show gives of Wales which I know is a very beautiful place.  But the 2 episodes I've seen so far have been excellent stories.  I don't know if I can handle 80+ episodes of this series, though.  

1 comment:

  1. We just got Netflix down under and I'm currently overdosing on 4 series of "Suits"....

    Glad to hear your re-hab is progressing so beautifully . How does it feel to be given permission to sit and stitch and read?

    ReplyDelete