Saturday, April 11, 2015

Post-operative note

I have a new knee!  And it feels pretty good, although the surgical incisions and so forth feel pretty bad!  Thank goodness for pain medications!  Before surgery, I'd read Barbara's post about her cat, Graci,e who had surgery on her side and came home with a zipper. I laughed so hard because I knew that I'd be coming home with a zipper on my knee too.  If you want to read Barbara's post, you can find it here.  At least, I didn't have to wear a cone of shame like poor Gracie did.

Surgery went very well. Came home yesterday on crutches and I'm working really hard on the rehab so I can get back to dancing again before too long. Actually, I'm doing just fine--here in the house--with only one crutch, but outside, I'll be on both. This afternoon it should be warm enough for me to go for a little walk to the neighbors and back with Don at my side to catch me if I fall over.

Today, I hope to be alert enough to begin doing some of the hand sewing projects that I have prepared for myself.  We'll see. There's no hurry.

I have to get my home exercises done now and then take a nap, so that's all I'm going to say now.

No comments:

Post a Comment