Friday, October 31, 2014

Early Voting

Here in Wisconsin, there's been controversy and confusion over changes in the requirements needed to vote.  Since we moved to our new home last December, I haven't voted in any election so I knew I had to be registered and I wasn't sure what would be required.  So I decided to go to City Hall and get registered and cast my vote early just in case I needed to do something extra  this time. Not a problem. Everything was easy and I'm proud to say that I have voted !  


When I saw my son in Milwaukee last week, he said he's decided not to vote this time because there wasn't a candidate that he really wanted to vote "for" and he was tired of voting "against" a candidate.  Well, he's an adult so I didn't really say very much other than nearly every time I've voted it's been against a candidate since there have been very few candidates in the 40+ years that I've been old enough to vote where there's been a candidate that I really felt was the right choice, not just the best choice.

I got an email a few days later from Dan saying he'd gone ahead and voted !  Good for him!

I know what my political leanings are and I won't express them here. I'm a firm believer that the more people who bother to vote, the better it is for our country. Right now, the USA needs all the political help it can get and the more voters, the better.

So, please go to the polls on Tuesday and vote for the candidates of your choice. It's your right and your responsibility--and it is the future of this country. End of this diatribe. Now get out there and vote!  Go on, do it!  You know you want to, so just go out there and cast your ballot!  Go on now! Get 'er done!

No comments:

Post a Comment