Sunday, December 7, 2014

And I have a finish!

I've been working on this little table mat that I embroidered and today I finished stitching on the binding!  I really like the bright colors in this piece but it won't stay at my house long, I hope. I put it for sale in my Etsy store and I hope it sells quickly.  Here's the link if you want to take a look.  Jolly Ruby.  


At my last guild meeting, I happened to win a fat quarter of the red-white-blue striped fabric and I think it looks perfect in this piece.  Then I wanted to use some snowflake fabric and stopped at the quilt store the other day. No snowflakes there but the one I found has little stars in it and looks kind of like snowflakes.


Then, how to quilt it?   I stitched in the ditch around the inner border and did some outline stitching on the embroidered center. Then I found a tutorial here that was perfect for what I needed in the border.  I'd never been on this gal's blog before so I  took a look around while I was  there and found some great quilting in there so I think I'll have to visit her more often.


Then this morning I stitched on the binding and called it done!  I like this one so much that I think I'll have to make another one for myself--assuming this one sells! :)--but I don't have enough of the striped fabric so I'll need to use something else.  I'm leaning toward something in aqua and lime green rather than the red and blue I used for the snowmen and the borders.  What do you think? 

The rest of this day has been spent fooling around with crumbs--I think I must have about 60 of the little blocks now and I really need to begin sashing them and putting them into a quilt of some kind.  It's just so much fun playing with them instead of making backings as I swore I would do today!  Well, maybe tomorrow will see me wrestling with backings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment