Monday, December 1, 2014

Finishes

I was so tired by the time dinner was finished that I sat down to watch a re-view and pre-view of PBS's Downton Abbey and totally blanked on writing the final November blog.  I had vowed to post every day for a month, but didn't quite hit my mark. I'd missed a day previously, my November entry didn't post as I'd wanted it to, and then yesterday.

I have to say that I've enjoyed writing this blog (which is like a diary to me) every day.  I've had to come up with things that were a little more interesting in my life and that's hard to do since I think my life is pretty blah!  But, having to find something to write about forced me to look closely at the things I do every day and realize that life isn't as dull as I sometimes think it is. Just wait--someone will be reading this and say, OMG! Her life is totally boooooring!  But, boring is in the eye of the beholder, right?

So, I think I'll continue to write every day with an occasional miss, if I may be allowed.  Not too many people are reading this blog and that's ok. I never intended to be one of the blogging rockstars. (I am in my own mind, so that's all that matters.  ;0)  )  I do wish that people would leave comments, though. I love to hear from you and get to know you a bit but I can't do that if you don't let me know that you're really out there. As a consequence, I've begun to be better about leaving comments on the blogs I follow and responding to those who leave comments on mine.  But, as I said, this is more a diary for me, and if someone wants to comment, that's great!  

Yesterday, I got a couple of finishes.  Here's the completed pumpkin table runner and the second one is waiting for it's binding--maybe tonight. 


 Here's a close up of the swirly design I quilted in the background.  I did an outline of the applique and stitched a couple of curved lines in the pumpkins to make them seem a bit more like real pumpkins.  In the second runner, I stitched a 1" grid in the background instead of the swirls.


This is the fabric I used for the backing. I bought about a yard more than I needed so I'm thinking what I can make out of it for next year's "Fall Collection" :) in my Etsy store.


And here's the pattern I used from Shabby Fabrics.  They also make an apple table runner with 2.5" patches in red, and a pine tree design using green patches.  These things look so much more interesting that using a solid piece of fabric--much richer, IMHO.


The other finish from yesterday is this little card wallet I made for Dan and Erin, to hold their Christmas gift cards. I don't think Dan will want the wallet so it'll go to Erin, I suppose. If he whines, I'll make him one of his own. :p)  The wallet looks brownish in this pix and actually, it's more gray.


Here's the inside of the wallet--three pockets made out of leftover batiks I had from a previous project.


And here's the pattern I used.  I've made several of these wallets and I carry 2 in my purse. One for my quilt shop punch cards and the other for my business cards.  Erin's is the nicest one so far--love those batiks!


That's it for the first day of December. I have to go to work this afternoon--Bah! and Yea!  While I may not have always been happy to have to go to work, I've always been happy (and grateful) to have had work.  So I'm off.  Maybe some stitching when I get home.







1 comment: