Friday, December 5, 2014

I've jumped into my new work with both feet and am really loving it!  So far, I've just worked at home, reading records and such, but today, I've scheduled several appointments and am looking forward to each of them.  I knew it was the right thing to do when I accepted this job offer!

Consequently, not much has occurred in the sewing area.  I hope to spend some time in the sewing room this weekend and get several backings finished so I can get 3 small quilts pin basted and ready to go under the needle.  I also have a large quilt that needs a backing so I can take it to my neighbor who does long-arm quilting.  

This is the quilt top I made for my friend who is making draperies for me in exchange.  It turned out to be nearly kingsized since she wanted a long drop on 3 sides so it covers the sides of the bed. I've done a king sized quilt on my domestic machine before and I don't want to do any more that size!  And, she's such a good friend that I want the best work on this piece and I don't think my quilting is quite up to that standard.  


So, it looks like the weekend will be filled with quilting "chores" ( I never like working with the large pieces of fabric that it takes to make backings!) and next week I'll get some actual quilting done, I hope.  But now, into the shower and off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment