Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

Today I began working on the temp job I agreed to do, and it seemed quite strange.  Negative strange because I had to sit there at the laptop and concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing instead of running off and doing whatever I wanted. And positive strange because it felt soooo good to be getting back in the groove of doing my life's work.  I did what I needed to do and finished up by 12:30 and then took the afternoon off.

I spent several hours in the sewing room working on this. Its a little embroidery by Crabapple Hill that I've had for e-v-e-r!  I've taken up the habit of trying to have a bit of handwork to do while I have my 2 cups of AM coffee with my husband.  I got the idea from Barbara at Three Cats Ranch and you can read her blog here.  She has the same outlook on life as I do and I thoroughly enjoy reading of her adventures every day.  And sometimes, her cat, Smitty, posts an entry on her blog so we get to see the world from his view as well.

Anyway, when I'd finished the wool penny trivet and the bindings on my 2 pumpkin table runners, I had to come up with something else. and here it is.

You really can't see anything on the fabric except the stitching I've done.  The piece finishes at 6" or so, square, and I'll be putting a patchwork border on it and making a pillow cover out of it.  It'll be for sale in my Etsy store when it's finished.

Last night, I had a great time at the guild holiday party!  When I arrived, I took my sweet potato dish over to the buffet table and thought it was the dessert table, it was so full of cookies, cakes, brownies, and even an apple pie!  Well, it was a potluck so you never know what you're going to get for dinner, and last night, we ate dessert first, middle and last!  And a few sweet potatoes thrown in as well. LOL!  Everybody had a great time opening our boxes filled with someone else's scraps and each box had something nice tucked in along with the scraps, so I think everyone was happy about their gift.

I'm going off now to make some turkey soup using the stock I made yesterday from the carcass, and we'll have a (hopefully) delicious supper in an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment