Thursday, September 3, 2015

What to do on a dreary, foggy, rainy kind of day?


You can see in this picture of my backyard that it's quite overcast and dreary here today and yesterday, it rained like crazy--roads flooded in some places as I drove back home from Spooner, WI. But no flooding here in Menomonie, thank goodness.

You may be able to see a huge mound of brown dirt on the other side of the fence, in the lower middle of the picture.  The local chapter of  Habitat for Humanity is building a house on that vacant lot and they dug the basement earlier this week.  Neither Don nor I have building skills, but I've volunteered to provide lunch for the work crew on a few occasions and I also will coordinate with one of the churches to make quilts for the new family.  Absolutely love Habitat and all the good it does!

Well, it's the perfect day to spend in the sewing room working on one of my many UFOs, WIPs, or brand new projects whispering to me.  What to do?  How to choose?  Unfortunately, I will  not  be doing much sewing today since I have these staring at me, begging to be plunged into boiling water and then into ice cold water and finally, incarcerated in plastic bags and stored in the freezer.  I wouldn't like to have that done to me, but the beans never protest.


After I finish the beans, I have to drive over to Tomahawk, WI to the LQS there to pick up my Row By Row kit and license plate.  I wrote about our overnight trip to Tomahawk here earlier this summer so Lily could get a little fishing in with cousin Wayne.  I didn't realize there was a quilt shop there or I would have managed a stop in, so I have to return and pick up the Row by Row for my "Summer of '15 Memories" quilt.  Yesterday I was in Spooner to get the Row by Row from that shop as I remembered that I'd taken Lily to the rodeo there in July, and I stopped by The Busy Bobbin in Rice Lake, one of my favorite shops, especially for batiks, to pick up their Row by Row kit. 

Here's the Row by Row for The Busy Bobbin:  but the Thimbles shop in Spooner doesn't have a picture of their row on their website.  I'll be posting pics of all the rows as I get them finished.  This project is one of those that's whispering to me!

Instead of sewing on the Row by Row or anything else when I get home, I'll be sitting in the screen porch trying to finish the embroidery work on this Halloween table runner:  


As you can see, I only have the last witch and the broom handle left to stitch and then I can finish it off and put it up for sale on my Etsy shop.


I'm anxious to get my Etsy store up and running again--Halloween and Christmas items sell quite well. I sold out nearly everything in January because I knew I would be too busy throughout the winter and spring with working and then surgery and in the summer with Lily here. But now, it's time to restock the shelves and open the door for business.

So, that's what my day looks like--full of pleasant tasks to keep me busy and out of trouble!



No comments:

Post a Comment