Thursday, June 10, 2010

Not quilting!

I'm not quilting anything! Or sewing, knitting, crocheting, embroidering or anything! I'm getting ready for vacation--we leave on Saturday and I have a ton of work to do in the gardens before I can go.

On Saturday Lily and I will pick up my niece and her canoe and head to N MN for a week at the lake! I'm as excited as Lily and that's pretty darn excited! Don is coming up on Monday with my nephew and his 2 kids. I'm going to take some knitting and embroidery with as well as several novels to read and I'm not planning on doing much of anything else. I suppose I'll HAVE to do some swimming, canoeing, riding on the pontoon, play some frisbee, and other chores like that. And go to Bemidji a couple of times to check out the quilt shops.

I was informed late last week that daughter Tessa has been offered an affordable apartment in Menomonie and will be moving out of the house the last weekend in June! Yippee! Lily will stay until she's finished her summer school activities--the end of July--and then she moves to be with her mom. It's been about 2 1/2 years that Lily has lived with us and it's high time that she and Tessa have their own home again. Don and I are looking forward to being "regular" grandparents for a change--have her for weekends and overnights, then send her home to Tessa. I have loved having Lily living with us, but it's time for all of us to rearrange our living arrangements.

Tessa moving out means--I'LL GET MY SEWING ROOM BACK!!! She's been using the spare bedroom and I moved all my sewing stuff into a corner of my bedroom for the past year. I want my sewing room back! I also want a cabinet like Nancy-Rose's for my fabric but there's not a chance in H(eck) that I'll find one like she did.

GTG. The boss expects me to get some work done before vacation, can you imagine!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Vacation, your sewing room back, freedom from parental chores. Good news all the way around! Have a great time up north, I hope the weather cooperates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, glad to hear that you will be able to be just Grandma soon. We HAVE to figure out a time to meet. My life is a little more normal now so maybe we will be able to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a geat vacation. Sounds like when you get home there will be work to do.

    ReplyDelete