Thursday evening when the Handwork Group was at my house, I unstitched the embroidered blocks in the Farmhouse Windowsills quilt that I'm working on. Yesterday, I began the process of stitching a narrow flange around each square and placing them back into the quilt. Today I finished it.
This is the entire quilt top laying on the floor of my sewing room--very poor lighting in there, I'm afraid. And below are the individual blocks surrounded by their green and cream pinwheels. These pics look very yellow compared to the real thing.
The aqua flange makes each block stand out. Before, they kind of faded into the background and weren't noticeable at all. Now to make up a backing and get it quilted. Don't know when that will get done but I'd like it to be finished by the first of April. There's a show in a nearby town in the middle of April and I want to enter it and see how it does.
Other than working on this quilt, I've been assembling fabrics to take to the 2 Bonnie Hunter workshops I'll be attending on Feb 3 and 4th. She's going to be in Gulf Shores, AL those days and I will be too! I joined the local guild there and there was an opening for the classes and it was offered to me! We'll be making Jared Takes a Wife one day and Roll Roll Cotton Boll the other day. I've already made these 2 quilts--Jared in a class with Bonnie in Illinois, and Roll Roll when she offered it as a mystery. I like the Roll Roll one very much, but my version of Jared leaves much to be desired! I made it very scrappy and it looks crazy, chaotic to me! I like to have a bit more of a controlled scrappiness so the second Jared is going to be much more controlled!
Both of these quilts will be throw sized since I need a couple of quilts to donate to charity and that size is so much more manageable to quilt and finish up than bed quilts.
We leave for Alabama a week from today, so I'm trying to get my sewing things organized and ready to pack into the car. But I think I'll be able to get some stitching done in between packing up!