Friday, January 1, 2016

Welcome to 2016






Related image

Here's wishing every one of you a wonderful 2016 to come!

In the blogs that I've been reading this morning, many are reviewing the past year in terms of quilting accomplishments.  I can't do that since I am miserable at keeping a record of the quilts that I've made. I always intend to keep a diary, but somehow, it never seems to happen.

Many bloggers are also listing the 2016 quilting goals they've set for themselves. I have done that in the past but somehow by the time May and June come around, these goals have escaped my mind!  I've even tried posting the goals next to my sewing station and although that helped a little, I still did way too much ignoring of them throughout the year.

So, for me, there is the satisfaction of knowing that I did accomplish quite a bit of quilting in 2015 although mostly piecing and not nearly enough actual quilting of the tops.  I managed to piece and quilt 2 throw sized quilts that were donated to charity. Both organizations have asked that I make quilts for them again for 2016, so that's on my list of things to do. 


This yellow Chunky Churn Dash quilt was a block exchange in the guild and I made it up to donate for my friend Lois's charity for homeless families in Northern MN.  


My friend, Bonnie, helped make this Flying Geese quilt and, although she'd never made a quilt before, she's ready to work on another one for her charity, the AAUW scholarship fund.  That fills me with happiness--she and I have been friends for nearly 40 years and I'm so happy that she enjoyed making the quilt with me last year that she wants to do it again! This is the quilt where I mastered quilting feathers! Yay!

This is a stack and whack quilt that I made for my husband since he was whining a little about not having a quilt for himself.  I finished piecing it and quilted it up and now it's in the upstairs TV room where he never even notices it!  Oh well, I like snuggling under it myself on these cold winter evenings.
  

I made a number of things that sold in my Etsy shop but fell down when it came to making things for the Christmas holidays when I usually have my best selling period.  This year, I'm going to be making Christmas items all year long so I have them ready for the selling season.  Resolution #1, I guess!

Okay, I guess I'm compelled to set some goals for myself!  Resolution #2 is to work on making items to sell in the Guild craft shop at the 2016 Quilt Tour which benefits the domestic abuse program in our community.  I've already made a list of things to work on, one of them being to make up several outfits for 18" dolls (American Girl style), and I've knitted 2 skirts and one sweater already.  

And Resolution #3 is a perennial one--to quilt up the tops I've pieced and which are now hanging in my sewing room closet.  I've been procrastinating on these for years and it's time to get them done! I have posted them on my right side bar and will make a note when each of them is completed!  (Be careful not to hold your breath too long on this one!) First to be tackled is the king sized log cabin quilt that I pieced for my son and his new bride.  


I don't have a pic of the completed top but here's one of the blocks--scrappy blues and neutrals around a pink block.  My plan is to get this one sandwiched up during January and take it with me to Gulf Shores to work on quilting it during our winter vacation in February and March. I want to bring it back home completed!  

And then to try to work on quilting a top in between piecing new projects.  Wish me luck!  Some of those quilt tops have been waiting 10 years and more!


And this image captures my New Year wishes for you, my reader, and all the people who touch my life.  Lets make 2016 the best ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment