Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy Birthday to me!


Yesterday was my birthday, and it was a pretty darn good day!  I won't let you know how many years the planet has been blessed by my presence but some would say that I'm older than dirt! If I'd had a cake (watching the calories, you know!) it would likely have looked like this one!  LOL

Don and I had done the majority of housework throughout the week so it was nice to have a clean house for the day. But I needed some groceries since my friend, Bonnie, is spending a few days here to make a quilt with me. I've been wanting to make this recipe for beef-bourguignonne-pot-pie that I got from Barbara who lives at Three Cats Ranch and blogs at Cat Patches.  So I spent the majority of the afternoon cooking and fussing with it. I have to say that although I didn't make it into a pot pie but served it over egg noodles, it was amazingly delicious!  This recipe will definitely stay in my book. I don't eat animal food most of the time but when I do, I want it to be as tasty as this dish was.


Other than that, I just took it easy, and received phone calls and so forth from family and friends. The best birthday present is yet to come:  Bonnie arrives tomorrow and I get to spend 3 days with her! She and I have been friends for at least 40 years and we are closer than sisters.  I think every woman should have a sister-friend like Bonnie and I do.  People like that make life just so much more rewarding.

Since I took the day off yesterday, today, I need to get in the sewing room and clean it up so Bonnie and I can work in there.  So, off I go.  Another year older and another year better(?)  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment