Saturday, August 20, 2016

At the cabin . .

We met with family who are also good friends. Had a little conversation, drank a bit of beer and ate a delicious meal hot off from the grill. Three of the 6 of us are gluten intolerant and they truly enjoyed the mint chocolate brownies I brought.  Check yesterday's post to find out more about these luscious treats!

Don and I drove 1 hour to the Orange Moose hotel where I had a 10 am meeting on Saturday instead of driving 2.5 hours home and then another 1.5 to go to the meeting this morning.  So Don got to see where my guild goes on retreat and he was quite impressed, I think.

The meeting went well--we got all the details nailed down for the upcoming 4 day retreat in October.  and now we're home. I have the kitchen to myself to finally get the dilly beans done!

When they're finished, I'll be working on the two most recent Bee-utiful quilt along blocks.  They are so very cute!  This is No. 18

MBS-beeutiful-QAL-square-block-18

and this came out today

MBS-beeutiful-QAL-square-block-19

I really like the pickup filled with flowers but I'll have to be disciplined and work on the barn first. The last block will be released on the 25th along with assembly directions. I'm so eager to see this quilt put together!  I know it's going to be so sweet!

That's it.  Dilly beans are calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment