Monday, July 26, 2010

Another wild weekend---

and I'm getting too old to be a wild woman except in my mind. LOL. Saturday Don and I went to Duluth for the wedding party of my best friend's daughter who was married in Colorado last week. So much fun--it was held in the Great Lakes Aquarium and we got to watch the fish swimming in their tanks as we dined. A very unique setting for a party and we loved it.

We couldn't stay for the dancing--I don't trust my knee yet and we had to get home and prepare for the party at our house on Sunday. A couple of months ago I offered my house as a site for an office retreat of sorts and that was held yesterday. It was pot luck so we only had to do the grilling. Before anyone arrived, Don and I were going like dervishes, trying to get a handle on the weed situation. It's hopeless! But we got quite a bit done anyway. The weather was perfect--warm, sunny and breezy--and I think the whole thing went off okay.

Now, I'm relaxing until the end of August when we have 3 couples coming up to camp in the yard and spend the weekend with us. Until then, my duties are to keep on weeding, do a little knitting after dark, and finish the table runner I started after the knee surgery and which is a gift for one of the gals arriving for the August weekend.

Lily moves out next Friday evening--boy, is that coming up fast! Much as I'm looking forward to being an empty nester, I'm feeling more and more sad at the thought that I'm not going to see her daily--only every other weekend when she'll be at the house while her mom is working. Such is life--change is inevitable.

1 comment:

  1. You must have a ton of energy. I'm glad your knee is improving and you can get out and do things. Even weeding. I've done a little weeding, but have been busy canning and freezing. I'm finally going to paint the second room tomorrow and I can move on to other things.

    ReplyDelete