Friday, September 15, 2017

A Finish!

Well, yesterday was very productive for me in the sewing room.  I made the last 2 blocks of the Past President's Project and sewed them together to make up Row 5 of the quilt.  


All I have to do is make a copy of the applique templates and double check to make sure the directions for the applique row are complete and comprehensible.  If you want to take a look and give me your input, please do so here.  I really would like your thoughts so I can make any corrections that might be needed before I distribute it to the guild members, and I thank you for your help.  

Yesterday, THIS came to my doorstep:


It's my new light box for tracing embroidery patterns.  I'm really excited to use this tool--I've never had one before and have done all my tracing either standing at a window or struggling with overhead lighting at the table.  This baby should make tracing a breeze!  It's much thinner and lighter than I expected--thinner than a laptop, I think.  Today, I'm going to the store to get the things I need for the embroidered quilt I mentioned the other day in this post, "Clover and Violet."  Then I'll be able to begin tracing the patterns--using my new light box!

8613559975_60999c9944_z

The designers used floral fabrics to surround the embroidered blocks, but I'm thinking I can use some of my extensive collection of Thirties fabrics.  

Today will be a leisurely day. Not going to the garden since it's going to be in the high 80's today--and humid as usual. So I guess I'll spend much of the day in the sewing room. I have a wall hanging that I've quilted up except for the border so I can get that finished, and I have a pattern for a Fall wall hanging featuring appliqued pumpkins and Jack O' Lanterns that I'd like to get done and hung on my front door before we leave on our trip to Washington.  Better get going on these tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment