Sunday, September 24, 2017

Finishes despite mistakes

So, yesterday I continued to work on my list of things that have to be done before we leave tomorrow evening and I'm happy to report good progress!

Before I allowed myself to go to the sewing room, I did the housework that was assigned for the day. Call me silly but I divide housework into two types:  wet and dry.  Yesterday I did the dry work--dusting, vacuuming, and generally putting things away and straightening things up. Today I do the wet housework. That means scrubbing, scouring, washing things and mopping the floors.  Not my favorite thing to do, but if I don't do it, no one will. So today, I'll have to be char woman before I can change into seamstress!

Back to yesterday, I finished the quilting on this little table quilt. It measures about 23" square and I finished stitching the binding last night.


This is a shot of one quarter of the quilt, from the back.  I had to use various bobbin colors because of on-going tension problems with my machine and that's why the back looks like this. Black for the free form feathers that I put in the black corners, cream that I used in the snowman fabrics and red in the corner stones of the piece.  As with most of my quilting, it would never be accepted in a show but I think it's good enough for it's intended use.


So that's the finish I accomplished yesterday. The mistake is shown below.  Can you spot it?  


In case you can't see it in the photo above, surely you can see the difference in the two photos below.



Yes, indeedy! I cut one set of fabrics upside down.  Groan!  I decided to make up the topsy turvy potholder anyway and these two will go with me to my son's home in WA.  Unfortunately, I don't have enough of the lighter fabric to make another set, so I'll count these as practice and move on to making the 6 I promised my friend.

After I finish the "wet" housework today, I'm determined to return to poor neglected Gourdy and get him and the entire gang finished and hung up outside.


Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone.


1 comment:

  1. A quilty finish!! But I felt sorry for the wet housecleaning. That's my least favorite part. Must be everyone else's too. I can always count on some alone time when I scrub and mop. (Is that because of the work or all my grumbling?)

    ReplyDelete