Wednesday, September 13, 2017

No Sew Day #2

I can't believe it!  For the second day in a row, I haven't made it downstairs to my sewing room, even for a few minutes!  I usually find even a few minutes during the day to fondle the fabric but not this week.

Yesterday, I did make it to the garden and brought home a mess of green beans, some cucumbers, 3/4 of the beets, bell and jalapeno peppers.  There were enough beans to cook up for last night's dinner along with the last few beets that didn't make it to the freezer.  Jalapenos were dehydrated in the oven all afternoon and are now ready to go into the freezer. Beets were cooked and diced and 9 bags are in the freezer. Don doesn't like them, so that's probably enough for me. The bell peppers are in the frig waiting for me to chop them and get them in the freezer today. I had plans to make and can some pasta sauce, but Don pointed out that we really don't have enough tomatoes and with the upcoming trip to WA and the quilting projects, do I really want to put that kind of pressure on myself?  I agreed with him, but next year, I'll be making pasta sauce!

I was so busy working in the kitchen yesterday that as usual, I didn't take time for pictures.  Every blog post MUST have a picture, so here you are:

Image result for images of jalapenos

Image result

Image result for images of beets

Image result for images of bell pepper

In my next foray in the garden, I'll be digging potatoes and bringing home the few tomatoes that are on the vines.  Including the green tomatoes so I can make green tomato salsa.  But for today, I have to make up for lost time in the sewing room.  Onward to tackle another paper pieced block!  

No comments:

Post a Comment