Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Back to normal?

Today finally feels like I'm back to my normal world.  Except I've been doing very extra-ordinary things today, beginning with a visit with my orthopedic surgeon. Yep, I'm due to have my other knee replaced.  Not looking forward to the surgery and recovery, but absolutely am wanting to get rid of the pain that comes with just about anything I do--even sitting!  Unfortunately, my doc no longer works in the OR so he suggested one of his colleagues. I see him next week and we'll get the surgery scheduled for mid October, I hope. Got to be back on my feet for the holidays, right?

After the doc visit, I headed for Joanne's and got batting for two of the 5 Quilts of Valor that I'm quilting up. Our guild decided to make QOV as an additional charity project and we've been donating materials and time and have all 5 tops and backs made up. I volunteered to do the machine quilting and have 2 done so far.  Tomorrow I'll get another 2 pinned up and begin quilting them. There's no deadline on when they have to be ready, so I don't feel rushed at all.

When I got home, I began working on the guild's 2017 "Past President's Project."  This is something that a former president of the guild began doing and I really like the idea and want to carry it on, now that I'm no longer president of the guild. Tonight will be the first meeting in a couple of years where I've not been an officer, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyway, I decided to design a row quilt , using patterns from Quilters Cache as well as an applique row in the center. I'll make a design of leaves and vines with some flowers, buds and a couple of birds.  There will be paper pieced blocks in each corner of the border, so this quilt will incorporate 3 different techniques.  I hope the members decide this is something they want to do--even if it's only a few people it'll be fun.  I'm making mine in Civil War fabrics since I have a huge collection of them but others may want to use other kinds of fabrics, like Thirties or batiks.  It'll be fun to see how the quilts look using other kinds of fabrics.  Tonight I introduce the project and hand out supplies lists so they can get organized.  I haven't made up any of the blocks yet but when I do, I'll post pics of them.

That's it for today.  No pics from my camera, so I pulled something off the interwebs for your viewing pleasure:


Image result for images of sexy quilting men

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment