Saturday, November 5, 2016

Another finish

All I have to say today is that I finished another Quilt of Valor last night.  It's the second of the ones made by my guild while we were on retreat last month.  So far I've pieced 1 QOV, partially pieced 2 more, and bound 4 so far with one more waiting for the final stitching of the binding.  Trust me when I say I'll be happy to have these finished, washed and ready to go to their new homes!  At least I didn't have to do the quilting on any of them, thank goodness!

This afternoon, I have to take the QOV that I actually pieced all by myself to the family of the veteran who was slated to receive it this coming Thursday. He was a veteran of the Vietnam war and passed away a few days ago. The family want to display it at the memorial service this afternoon so I'll present it to them.  I feel so sad that the veteran himself never got to wrap himself in it's comforting folds.

Other than meeting with his family, I'll be in the sewing room all day. I never got to work on the other things I want to get done for the store, so today is it!  I want to finish up the embroidered pin cushions and the last wine tote and then I have to move on to making a few more holiday dresses for the 18" dolls. and a few parkas and "fur" coats for them.

I'll post pics tomorrow of what I get done today.


No comments:

Post a Comment