Friday, November 4, 2016

QOV finish!

My days are simply filled with things I'm doing in relation to the quilt festival and if I were to write about them every day, you would be more bored than you probably already are. Hence, my posts will be short until after the festival when I hope to resume a more leisurely pace in the sewing room.

I was informed a couple of days ago that we'd been given another QOV that needed binding and also needed a veteran to receive it. Well, the Veterans Service Office had another person ready and waiting, so I need to get a label and stitch the binding on. Yesterday, I made bindings for two QOV and machine stitched them on.  Last night, instead of embroidery, I hand stitched the binding and label on one of the 2 quilts we made at guild retreat in October.  Here it is:


Just a simple plain block alternating with a framed block, all different fabrics.  There was enough excess backing fabric that I used it for the binding as well.

I'll begin hand stitching the second one tonight, and get it done at least to the point where the label has to be stitched on.

Today, I'll be taking care of the business end of the Festival--emails, bank deposits, running errands, etc. We're having an easy pizza supper tonight so I don't have to spend time cooking.  So I hope to get back into the sewing room and get some work done on the wine totes and doll clothes. We'll see.

Breaking News!  Just got called from the quilter that the second retreat QOV was ready to be picked up, so I know what I'll be doing this afternoon--getting that binding on! The rest will have to wait until that's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment