Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Grumble, grumble

Today, I'm in a grumbling mood, and I'll tell you why.  After all the work that I and my team put into creating the first Menomonie Quilt Festival, the people at the domestic abuse agency that we raise funds for aren't sure they want us to do this again. WTH!  We did all the work, and are willing to do it again.  It didn't cost them anything and they didn't lift a finger to help us, so I don't know why they're having concerns about doing it again. Well, actually, yes I do know why.  I think there's a bit of a power struggle and maybe concern that the Festival will someday overshadow the original Quilt Tour event.  If that's what's going on, it would be best if they put that aside because I'm not competing with anyone on this project.  It's all about raising money for a terrific cause!  Time to focus on the bottom line which is raising money for the program, and not worry about who's nose is out of joint.


I'm really upset about all of this and I'm going to do my best to put it out of my mind and move on with my day.  They want to have a meeting with me, so I'll just wait until someone contacts me to set it up. In the meantime, I have a little housework to do and I have to finish getting the sewing room ready for the boys coming tomorrow.

Yesterday was a kind of wasted day, sewing wise.  After my hair appointment and running errands, Don and I went to a friend's house to visit and pick up our share of a pig they'd had butchered.  Most of the meat will go home with my son and his family when they leave on Sunday.  But we'll save some for ourselves as well. :)  I got the word about the Festival just before the meeting last night and I was in a foul mood all evening.  However, I did manage to finish the stitching on the Snow Happens piece.  I've decided that I'll make it into a table runner and add a sleeve in case anyone wants to hang it up.  Then into the shop it goes.  If I make a second one, it'll be a pillow cover for my friend.

That's it for now.  Cleaning, etc., is calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment