Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Baking begins


Today is the day I can begin my Christmas baking.  First up is Cranberry Orange Bread with Grand Marnier Glaze which you can see at this link. I learned about this recipe about 5 years ago when Barbara posted about it on her blog, catpatches at the Three Cats Ranch.  If you've never read her posts, please take a minute and do so. She's a very talented and comical writer and I enjoy her blog very much.  Well, I decided when we moved to town 5 years ago that I would do make some baked goods for our neighbors, and I tried this recipe.  OMG!  It is sooooo good!  I've made two changes.  I substitute unsweetened applesauce for half the butter that's called for since it was just too oily for my taste, and because I'm not sure if any of the neighbors have substance abuse issues, I make the glaze with orange juice instead of the liqueur.  For personal use, I bring out the Grand Marnier and indulge!

This year I'll be making 8 loaves and we'll deliver them tomorrow after the neighborhood comes home from work.  I always enjoy hiking around in the dark, enjoying the Christmas lights on all the houses.  It's become our personal tradition, I guess.  As soon as I'm finished with this post, I'll turn on the oven and get going.

This morning I sat down with the Christmas cards and address book, and was able to get them all written out and ready for mailing without too much pain in my hand. Actually, I ran out of cards and since Don's going to be in Eau Claire this afternoon, he'll get another box and they'll be in the mail tomorrow.

No stitchery on the agenda today, but if I finish baking soon enough, I may get going on those two pesky pillowcases that keep nagging at me.

That's all I got for today, but lest I be accused of not having enough graphics in my post, I found these on the internet for you.

Image may contain: indoor
Don't we all wish we had a little Christmas sewing helper?

Image may contain: text
This is sooooo corny!

Image may contain: one or more people
Me and my friend furiously trying to finish that last Christmas quilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment