Sunday, December 16, 2018

Making quilty progress

Yesterday afternoon was quite productive.  I cut and sewed the additional 50 4 1/2" squares I needed to make the two flannel quilts.  Managed to get the rows sewn together in one of them and almost completed the top for the second quilt.

These are 40" square blankies for a couple of little boys to snuggle up in while watching TV, story time, etc.  I used up leftover flannel that I had as well as some fat quarters I bought.   


Here are pics of some of the flannels--campers, owls, giraffes, heavy equipment,


monkeys, Burley Beavers, construction tools, 


cats, bicycles, dinosaurs, farm animals, 


and more. I hope the boys like them

Today, I'll finish the second top and see if I have enough room on my sewing table to make up the quilt sandwich.  If so, I'll proceed with a straight line, diagonal quilting.  If I can't get them pinned up, I'll go to the rec center tomorrow and do the pinning on their tables.  Either way, I have to have these quilts finished and in Johanna's hands before the end of the week so she can get them delivered to the children.

Today will also be a day where I'll do a bit of cooking.  I took a chuck roast out of the freezer last night and today it will be chopped up and cooked up into a tasty stew for dinner.  

So that's a recap of yesterday's activity as well as "best laid plans" for today. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment