Friday, December 21, 2018

Well, I've had a couple of very busy days and I guess I neglected to post anything. Sorry about that but I'm sure you can understand how it is around these holidays. Especially since I was behind in everything due to having a club attached to my right hand for so long. 

I managed top bake 8 loaves of the cranberry-orange bread that I posted about here.  And pictured below are four of them before wrapping.


Here's one all wrapped up in Press N Seal with a bow and one of the fabric ornaments I made this fall which didn't sell in the big fundraiser.  So I found another use for them!  Don and I made the rounds of the neighborhood late yesterday afternoon and got them all delivered.  I have one left here and I want to make another 2 or 3 loaves, 2 for our friends and one for ourselves. I think I'll tackle that tomorrow.


On Wednesday I'd begun stitching up a couple of pillowcases and finished them yesterday. The one below with the gray and black cats and mice is for my son who's a huge cat guy!  I like how some of the cats are sticking out their pink tongues and saying "Meow."   And I love how the mice are scampering about.  



For Johanna, I used a pink flamingo print on white with aqua dots.  In the pics the pink cuff looks a lot more orangey than it really is.  Jo likes flamingos and she likes pink and when I saw this fabric, it was a nobrainer.



I also spent some time on my embroidery piece.  The directions call for a tiny rick rack stitched into the edge of the thing.  That means basting the rick rack along the seam line and them layering the backing, top, and batting together and stitching all around the edge.  It's really tricky to get the rick rack to show to the same extent all around and I didn't do the world's best job but good enough for me.  After stitching all the layers together, you have to turn it right side out and fortunately for me, all the layers ended up where they were supposed to be!  Yea! No unstitching!

The next step is to use embroidery floss and stitch a running stitch all around the edge and I got more than half of that done last night. When I go out later today to run errands, I'll swing by the quilt shop to get some "sharps" needles so I can begin the quilting.  I'll be doing a cross hatch grid in the center of the piece and an outline around the outer edge of the embroidery, all in a creamy white floss.  I don't normally do hand quilting but I think it's the right thing to do for this table runner.


All I have left to do today is run errands--library to pick up the next book in the Poldark series, grocery store, and quilt store.  Then I'm snugged down in the house--pizza for dinner so, easy for both Don and I to cook and clean up--ready to stitch away watching something on Netflix.


No comments:

Post a Comment