Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Day 3 post surgery

What a difference a day--or three--can make!  I woke up this morning with virtually no pain in my hand.  Was able to do a set of hand exercises even before I'd taken my AM meds. Sweet! I think I'll be able to carry on even tho the cast remains for another 10 days or so.

Yesterday was a laid back kind of day.  Nothing much accomplished other than to prepare and then attend the guild holiday party. (They say Christmas but I opt to include all the December holidays.)  It's a pot luck deal and I'd already planned to make up some jambalaya, one of my go-to recipes.  I've always used the directions found here from the Tabasco company and while I prefer to add shrimp and andouille sausage, for the ladies of the guild, I used chicken instead of shrimp.

Image result for images of jambalaya
Food 52.com


Because I now have a club instead of a hand, I asked Don to do the slicing and dicing which he did with aplomb.  I was a little worried since the extent of his cooking experience is a PB&J sandwich, but with some supervision, he did well and no blood was shed.  

We always have a little gift exchange at the party and this year it was a handmade potholder and/or kitchen towel.  I made both out of some leftover Scandinavian Christmas fabric I had and in return, I got 2 gi-normous potholders.  I think they'll serve as trivets instead of potholders!  They're very pretty but way too large to use by a gas stove.

Today will be very busy.  Don and I have to make a run to the airport in Minneapolis to pick up daughter #1 who's coming in from Portland ME to spend a few days with us. Just her. She found a good deal on a ticket and decided to come home and have a few days with the folks just by herself. I feel blessed. 

That's it. Time to get ready for the drive.  I hope you feel blessed as well during this holiday season.  Let the light shine!






No comments:

Post a Comment