Sunday, December 30, 2018

Not much on this Sunday

I've been having a wonderful day simply being home with my son and husband. Since Dan moved to Washington nearly 2 years ago now, we've only seen him 5 or 6 times and then we usually have a houseful of relatives that we need to share him with. Not this time, tho.  He's here for 6 days and has no plans to go anywhere or see anyone. After all, he'll be moving back to Wisconsin in less than 2 weeks, and then we should have plenty of time to see him on a much more frequent basis.  So now, I'm simply enjoying the time.

Tomorrow Johanna will be coming in to spend New Year's Eve and Day with us, and of course, Fergie the dog will be coming too.  No special plans for this holiday--Johanna loves to play games so I imagine the four of us will gather around the dining table on New Year's Eve for some cut throat gaming. 

In the sewing area, I managed to spend a few hours at my machine and I finished up 3 potholders for Tessa.  When they were done, I just wanted to play a bit, so I got out my project box of 1 1/2" pieces and made up another 5 scrappy hearts. 

Image result for scrappy heart quilt block pattern

I'd seen this image posted on Facebook a year or two ago and really liked it. So I printed off the pattern and began using my 1 1/2" strips, and cutting more as I disposed of more scraps as the months went by.  What will I do with the blocks?  Well, they'll be made up into a quilt of some sort, and probably a bed sized one.  I'm making 8 1/2" blocks (unfinished) and after today I have 45 of them.  But I'll need quite a few more to make up a bed sized quilt.  I'll just keep sewing them until I think it's time to start putting them in rows.  

Each heart block is different from all the others since I have such a huge variety to scraps, collected over many years now.  But what do you want to bet that when I assemble them into rows and then into the quilt top, I'll find that there are two or three together that have the same fabrics!  If you want to make a bet on that, give me a call and we'll discuss the beach property that I have for sale in Arizona.  ;-))

In case I don't get to the computer tomorrow, let me wish you a Happy New Year right now.  I hope you leave 2018 with few regrets and embrace 2019 with high hopes and expectations!

Image result for happy new year images



No comments:

Post a Comment