Thursday, December 6, 2018

Caution! Picture laden with intimate apparel!

Not much to write about today. We picked up Tessa at the airport yesterday, and what a joy to see her again!  For the first time in I don't know how long, we'll have her to ourselves for a few days--no child, siblings, cousins or boyfriends to share her with. Just us. It's a wonderful Christmas present for me.

We decided to go to Mall  of America before we headed home. T had some shopping to do for her siblings and I ended up getting a Christmas gift for myself that I'd been wanting.  I've been needing a new robe and slippers for some time, but I hesitate shopping for these things since I'm so fussy about fiber content, style, price and so forth that it's nearly impossible to find what I want.  So I've lived  with this fleece robe which I made over 5 years ago and which never really fit as it was so big. I decided last year it's days were numbered when I smeared paint on the lapel from the freshly painted bathroom.


I also decided these slippers had seen better days


especially when I noticed a large worn spot in each of them.  They kept my tootsies warm for several years, but alas, their days are numbered too.


We decided to take a quick stop at the Macy's store at MOA and I found this fleece robe in black and red "lumberjack" plaid--in my size and at a great price!--and


slippers to match!  With pompoms no less!  That's pretty fancy for me.



I'm in Northwoods, lumberjack heaven!  (Can you guess I live in Northern WI?)

Today, since my hand seems to be getting better and better every day,  Don and I will begin decorating the house and tree so we have some Christmas cheer inside as well as outside the house.  We usually only put up a tree, tie ribbons and ornaments on the dining room chandelier and hang socks from the mantel and call  it good. To me, Christmas cheer lives within the heart and not in external decorations, alto they look pretty too. I'll try to remember to take some pics of the finished decorating to post.

I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy this season of Christmas peace and joy.

2 comments: